The sector of production and distribution is just beginning to harmonize its industry standards to the IEC 61508 standard, in fact, this sector still represents a small percentage (<10%) of the global market of functional safety.
However, those who work on operational installations, are appreciating more and more the adoption of the safety lifecycle as an effective methodology for the design of control systems because it is able to provide Front End engineering, suitable for the design of control loop, critical for human safety.
HINTSW - T & T Systems has been working in the field of utility and "smart grid" for over 20 years and therefore has acquired deep expertise, including:
- Determinazione del ciclo di vita del sistema e del software.
- Application of IEC 61508 / IEC 61511 at all phases of the life cycle of the system and software.
- Safety analysis including: Hazop (HINTSW - T & T Systems has held the role of "chairman" in the development of a project of national interest), RAMS, Hazard Identification & Analysis.
- Development of the system safety plan.
- Development of the system safety requirements.
- Development of the verification and validation (V & V) plan of the system and the software.
- Writing of the the safety dossier (Safety Case).
- Validazione del traduttore Software (compilatore).
- Execution of all verification and compilation of the reports of the related activities , planned in order to get the certification of the system.
HINTSW - T & T Systems attended numerous qualifying projects, some of which are of national interest; for example:
- Wind farms: activities of commissioning and verification of the correct working of the station control system.
- Power substations, SICAM PAS system. Verification of the communication protocols IEC 61850, IEC 60870-101, IEC 60870-103, IEC 60870-104.
- E-Car Operation Center: control and management system for the infrastructure of electric vehicles developed by Siemens.
- Supervision systems of power plants.
- Remote reading of the Enel tariff data with Landis & Gyr.
- Automation of the primary transformation stations of Enel .
- Monitoring of high-voltage switches ABB-ADDA.
- Communication interfaces for low-voltage protections with ABB SACE.
- Electrical protections for medium and high voltage with Telegyr.
- Control Center for the electricity network of Trieste with Telegyr.