Productivity, safety and resource efficiency are the keys to the economic success of the process industry, especially when the production is a continuous cycle.
The reliability, availability and safety are therefore the challenges that the process industry must win so its production is able to meet the needs of the market in providing, timely, quality and product reliability and affordability in price.
Because of the growing social and economic pressure on plant safety, the legislation of many countries is becoming more severe and, as safety and availability of a system are aspects often at odds with each other, it is becoming increasingly clear that in equipment design requires an integrated approach able to reconcile the need for high availability of the systems with the demand for greater safety of production cycles.
The international industry standard - IEC 61511 - satisfies the need for a coherent approach and integral security that does not conflict with production needs, in fact, it helps to design systems in which SIS (Safety Instrumented System) and BPCS (Basic Process Control System ) are separate and mutually independent.
The skills that HINTSW - T & T Systems is able to offer its customers in the development of projects and related applications with the security are as follows:
- Management of Functional Safety:
- planning of the safety of the system life cycle;
- evaluation and auditing of safety.
- Definition of the safety lifecycle requirements.
- Planning and execution of the verification activities.
- Hazard analysis and analisys of the risks related to the process.
- Allocation of safety functions to protection shells.
- Specification of the safety requirements of the SIS - Safety Instrumented System.
- Design and engineering of SIS - Safety Instrumented System.
- Planning and application of the software safety lifecycle:
- development of requirements specification of the application software;
- development of specific of the safety requirements of the application software;
- development of validation plan of the application software;
- design and development of the application software;
- integration of the application software with the SIS;
- verification and validation of the application software.
- Validation of the SIS - Safety Instrumented System.
- Definition and application of the requirements relating to the ocumentation.