The HINTSW division of T&T Systems Srl provides a wide range of highly professional and specialized advice for the development of programmable electronic systems used in safety-critical applications. The range of services offered by HINTSW is addressed, to manufacturers such as engineering, operational companies, solution providers, etc., to both independent and State run institutions such as certification, audit, testing and commissioning bodies.
Our advice can cover the whole project or just specialized aspects concerning the reliability, availability, functional safety of safety-critical systems.
On behalf of our Customers we can:
- Develop fully and completely independently one or more of the activities foreseen in a system life cycle;
- Participate in one or more stages of development by providing specialized input with high professionalism and in-depth expertise;
- Serve as the guide of the technical activities covering both functional safety, reliability and availability of equipment, subsystems and systems for automation, control and supervision;
- Participate in the design and implementation of safety-critical systems to guarantee compliance with applicable safety and quality standards;
- Act as verifiers / validators as required by the safety standards;
- Provide highly specialized technical support to the activities of "safety assessment" in different industries and production sectors;
- Design and prepare project documentation in accordance with the general rules on safety and related technical standards;
- Provide coaching and organizing professional training courses on the subjects of design, implementation and certification of safety-critical programmable electronic systems;
More specifically T&T Systems, through its HINTSW division, offers its support for the implementation of the following activities:
- Planning the system and software safety lifecycle (safety plans, RAM plan, hazard logs, safety case, verification and validation plans, etc.).
- Definition and allocation of system requirements.
- Hazards identification and risk assessment.
- System and subsystem Hazard Analysis.
- Definition and allocation of safety requirements.
- Safety analysis of hardware subsystems (determination of safety integrity levels (SIL), calculation of failure probability, diagnostic coverage and safe failure fraction, evaluation of the effect of common cause failures, etc.).
- Software design.
- Software verification and validation.
- Hardware / software integration.
- System verification and validation.
- Calculation of the reliability and availability of programmable electronic systems, also in complex systems.
The consulting activity can take at the Customer's premises with a team of qualified consultants or at our Offices. In both cases, we try to establish a close relationship with the customer with the scope of mutual loyalty and our approach is aimed towards a partnership as opposed to a "spot" intervention.